Get the anti-sexual harassment policy drafted
Ungender Team helps companies draft customized anti-sexual harassment policies which covers all three aspects of the POSH Act, 2013:
- Preventive guidelines to be established within companies to reduce the occurence of incidences within companies
- Prohibitive guidelines to curb sexual harassment at workplaces
- Effective redressal mechanism set within companies (ICC and its guidelines) for employees to have clear idea on the way forward with such complaints.
Please fill the form to get in touch with Ungender Team experts to discuss drafting this policy for your organization.
Get on a call with experts
What does the POSH Act, 2013 say about having a anti-sexual harassment policy?
As per Section 19 of the POSH Act, 2013:
- every employer is mandated to provide a safe working environment at the workplace which include safety from the persons coming in contact at the workplace.
Rule 13 of the POSH Rules, 2013 expands the obligation further by stating that:
- every employer shall formulate and widely disseminate an internal policy or charter or resolution or declaration for prohibition, prevention and redressal of sexual harassment at the workplace
- The intent is to promote gender sensitive spaces and remove underlying factors that contribute towards a hostile work environment against women
Is there a penalty for non-compliance with this law?
Yes, since this is a labour law compliance, the law prescribes penalty for non- compliance. An organization not complying with any of the mandatory compliances mentioned in the POSH Act, 2013 can be penalized with a fine of upto 50,000 INR, which can be extended to cancellation of business license in case of repeated non compliance.