Implementation of POSH Act, 2013 at Colleges
Get in touch with us to get a customized implementation of the Act and the UGC Regulations, 2015 on sexual harassment in college campuses. Ungender helps in building a safe environment at colleges for all stakeholders as per the 2015 Regulations which are:
- First gender neutral regulations
- Allow third party complaints and includes third party harassment by outsiders
- Mandates establishing ICCs with student involvement
- Makes Sensitization, zero tolerance policy and public notification, creating awareness mandatory
- Prohibits sexual harassment from both employees and students
- Talks about setting up right infrastructure, trained security staff among others to build safe campuses.
Get on a call with experts
What does the law say about Sexual Harassment at Higher Education Institutions?
Sexual Harassment is prohibited in Higher Education Institutions (HIEs) of India by the UGC (Prevention, prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations, 2015. The Regulation prohibits the sexual harassment of women in not only employer-employee relations, but also student-student and student-employee relations.
Where does the Regulations apply within campuses?
According to the norms of the Regulations applied to both the campus of the university, as well the extended campus. The Regulations defines the term ‘Campus’ as a location or a piece of land on which a college and its related institutional facilities like library, laboratories, lecture halls, residence halls, hostels, toilets, dining halls, stadiums, parking area, canteens, parks, and bank counters are situated. The Reguulations applies to the extended campus as well. It brings within its scope:
- Places visited as a student
- Transportation provided for commuting to and from the institution
- Locations outside the institutions on field trips
- Study Tours
- Short-Term Placements
- Places used for Camps
- Cultural Festivals, Sports Meets where a person is participating in the capacity of a student or college staff.